Article from the serie "CCID descriptor statistics"
The dwMechanical field is a number value from the CCID USB descriptor:
The value is a bitwise OR operation performed on the following values:A footnote in the specification also indicates:
• 00000000h No special characteristics
• 00000001h Card accept mechanism
• 00000002h Card ejection mechanism
• 00000004h Card capture mechanism
• 00000008h Card lock/unlock mechanism
These mechanisms of the dwMechanical parameter have been included for completeness; however, these functions of motorized CCIDs are not covered by this release of the specification. A future release may attempt to standardize the interface to these mechanical functions.
The normal value should be 0x00000000: "No special characteristics" since this field is not covered by the CCID specification.
1 reader is using 0x03000000 (that should be 0x00000003)
- MYSMART MySMART PAD V2.0
7 readers are using 0x00000001 "Card accept mechanism"
- FujitsuTechnologySolutions GmbH SmartCase KB SCR eSIG
- Hewlett-Packard Company HP USB CCID Smartcard Keyboard
- Identive Identive CLOUD 4500 F Dual Interface Reader
- Identive Identive CLOUD 4510 F Contactless + SAM Reader
- Identive Identive CLOUD 4700 F Dual Interface Reader
- Identive Identive CLOUD 4710 F Contactless + SAM Reader
- Lenovo Lenovo USB Smartcard Keyboard
- SCM Microsystems Inc. SCL010 Contactless Reader
- SCM Microsystems Inc. SCL01x Contactless Reader