Now that Gemalto bought SafeNet it has become a big company with a lot of different brands.
Some of the brands in the Gemalto group are used by CCID readers listed in the big matrix. I will only talk about CCID compliant readers. So readers produced before the CCID specification was available (around 2001) are not listed here.
Short history of Gemalto fusions and acquisitions
- 1926: creation of Schlumberger
- 1988: creation of Gemplus
- 2001: Schlumberger buys Sema Group plc and becomes SchlumbergerSema
- 2004: Axalto is a spin-off of SchlumbergerSema
- 2006: Axalto and Gemalto merge to become Gemalto
- 2009: Gemalto buys XIRING’s banking activity
- 2010: SafeNet buys Aladdin
- 2010: Gemalto buys Todos AB in Sweden
- 2015: Gemalto buys SafeNet
|Vendor||VendorID||# of readers|
Each USB device is identified by a VendorID.
It looks like Axalto and SafeNet do not have their own VendorID.
XiringAll the Xiring readers I have in my list are now sold by ingenico Healthcare e-ID (ex Xiring healthcare).
They are available at ingenico technical support page.
So Gemalto bought XIRING’s banking activity but it looks like this division of Xiring had no CCID reader.
- eToken PRO USB 72K Java (Aladdin_eToken_PRO_USB_72K_Java.txt)
- Reflex USB v3 (AxaltoV3.txt)
Note that the VendorID used by this reader is 0x04E6 and is the VendorID used by SCM (now Identive) for its readers. I guess the reader is a SCM one rebranded as Axalto.
- SA .NET Dual (Gemalto_SA_dotNet_Dual.txt)
- Ezio Shield Branch Reader (Gemalto_Ezio_Branch.txt)
- Ezio Shield (Gemalto_Ezio_Shield_PinPad.txt)
- Ezio Shield (Gemalto_Ezio_Shield.txt)
- EZIO CB+ (Gemalto_Ezio_CB+.txt)
- ING Shield Pro SC (Gemalto_Ezio_Shield_Secure_Channel.txt)
- Ezio Shield Pro SC (Gemalto_Ezio_Shield_Pro_SC.txt)
- IDBridge CT30 (Gemalto_IDBridge_CT30.txt)
- PDT (Gemalto_PDT.txt)
- Hybrid Smartcard Reader (Gemalto_HybridSmartcardReader.txt)
- IDBridge K30 (Gemalto_IDBridge_K30.txt)
- Smart Enterprise Guardian Secure USB Device (GemaltoSmartEnterpriseGuardian.txt)
- USB GemPCPinpad SmartCard Reader (GemPCPinpadv2.txt)
- IDBridge K3000 (Gemalto_IDBridge_K3000.txt)
- Smart Enterprise Guardian Secure USB Device (Gemalto_SG.txt)
- Prox Dual USB PC Link Reader (GemProxDU.txt)
- Prox SU USB PC LinkReader (GemProxSU.txt)
- Gemplus USB SmartCard Reader 433-Swap (GemPC433_SL.txt)
- USB GemPCPinpad SmartCard Reader (GemPCPinpad.txt)
- GemCore SIM Pro Smart Card Reader (GemCoreSIMPro.txt)
- GemCore POS Pro Smart Card Reader (GemCorePOSPro.txt)
- USB Shell Token V2 (GemPCKey.txt)
- PC Twin Reader (GemPCTwin.txt)
- GemPC Express (GemPC_Express.txt)
- Gem e-Seal Pro USB Token (Gem_e-SealPro.txt)
- SmartMX Sample (Philips_SmartMX.txt)
Similar remark as for Axalto. Here the iManufacturer is: Philips Semiconductors. The vendorID is 0x04B9 which should be Rainbow Technologies.
- SchlumbergerSema Cyberflex Access (e-gate.txt)
- CX00 (Todos_Cx00.txt)
- Argos Mini II (Todos_AGM2_CCID.txt)
ConclusionAfter so much fusion and acquisitions in the smart card industry it may be difficult to know where to get manufacturer support for a given reader.
Gemalto provides a drivers support page where you can find most of the "Gemalto" readers.